Mountain Bike Courses
This is the perfect Gap Year, Career Break, or even Career Change, coaching experience. Our dedicated and seasoned mountain bike coaches are ready to help you become an accomplished rider with the ability to rip down steep single track with confidence and style. For the more experienced there's also the chance to take an instructor course. Fernie is the ideal place to immerse yourself in the sport you love - a super friendly community of riders, world class trails, and a perfect climate. We hope you can join us!
What's on offer?
Our four week (five weeks if you add our road trip) course is the ultimate mountain bike course providing the following:
- Professional coaching taking your riding to the next level
- Optional three day MTB instructor course
- Make a bunch of great new friends
- Live the lifestyle - warm sunny days riding with your friends
- Large comfortable rooms, delicious meals and fantastic facilities
- Numerous activities such as whitewater rafting, hiking, camping, etc.
- Enhance your CV with our MTB race events volunteer positions
- Join our 1 week Road Trip and check out some of British Columbia's other MTB centres
Ride Fernie's huge network of trails...
... and session Fernie's jump park.
Who's this course for?
Our mountain bike course has been designed for keen novice and intermediate riders who want to seriously improve their skills and become a super accomplished rider. More experienced participants may also want to gain an instructor qualification enabling them to work in the industry as a guide or instructor.
Surrounding the town of Fernie are 67 trails within riding distance of our lodge. Some are more mellow cross country trails and others are more challenging all mountain trails. The local community of riders organise a weekly fun race as well as group rides which are a great opportunity for meeting local mountain bikers In total there are 160 kilometres of trails in Fernie!